DARK SAMBAL BELIMBING BULUH DISH
This traditional dish of Pahang, inherited for generations, is the identity of the state due to its own uniqueness. Many opined that only the experts can produce such cuisine.
Apart from star fruit, other main ingredients are chilies, anchovy, onion, and cooking oil. Pound the chilies together with the onion and fry till aromatic. Then add in the anchovy that has been pounded with the star fruit. Cook until well blended.
Sambal Hitam Belimbing Buluh dish comes from the state of Pahang using belimbing buluh - a kinda sour fruit, anchovies, and chili as the main ingredients. The processing takes a long time.
This black sambal is quite unique and very famous, especially around the Jerantut, Kuala Lipis, and Raub districts.
The traditional food of the state of Pahang, which has been passed down from generation to generation, has become the identity of these three regions because it has its own special features, adding to anyone's appetite.
Recalling the past, sambal black was created in terms of the durability of the food itself because there was no refrigerator for them to store their food and cooking.
Sambal Hitam Belimbing Bamboo or Sambal Hitam Pahang Recipe :
1/2 kg cup of fresh bamboo belimbing
1/2 kg cup of chili rice – follow each other's fliers
2 cups of beeped anchovies
Salt & Sugar To Feel
1 cup of cooking oil
Sweet soy sauce to taste
6 Cloves of Red Onions ( 3 cloves pounded, 3 thinly sliced cloves )
3 Cloves of Garlic (punched)
How to Make:
1. Wash clean and boil the bamboo in a saucepan without water and simmer over low heat until the bamboo scalding removes its own water and shrinks (approximately 3 hours).
2. Be sure to stir every 2 minutes until the water is dry and the smudges turn into a dark color.
3. Then, mash the rice chili, 3 cloves of shallots (3 more thinly sliced cloves), anchovies, and bamboo screed until semi-decent.
4. Heat the oil in a pan and sauté the shallots of shallots until they smell good.
5. Add one by one of the ingredients that have been ground/punched and mix flat Stir gently over time. After half crisp, add salt, sugar, and soy sauce to taste.
6. Continue the process of stirring endlessly stirring so as not to burn. After the crisp color turns black, rather dry and crispy.
7. When crisp shut the heat and massage it by using a coconut milk filter to drain the oil. Serve or can be stored in a suitable container (this piece can be stored for a long time).