BADAK KUBANG TRADITIONAL CAKE
Kuih Badak Kubang, translated literally means a 'hippo in a wallow', is a traditional cake in the district of Chenor in Pahang. The cake is round in shape with a sweet taste. It is made of a mixture of black glutinous rice flour, grated coconut, coconut milk, and an adequate amount of salt. The mixture is placed on banana leaves cut into small rounded shapes and placed in a metal dish to be steamed till cooked.
· 2 cups white glutinous rice flour
· 2 cups black glutinous flour Malacca Sugar | cut small dice
· A little water
· Banana leaves.
White gravy ingredients:
1 cup rice flour
4 cups coconut milk
A little salt
How to Cook :
1. Mix the flour of both types of glutinous flour and mix with a small amount of water.
2. Blend into a dough like Melaka cake.
3. Round around and put the sugar in the middle.
4. Arrange on a baking sheet with banana leaves that have been wiped with cooking oil.
5. Steam for approximately 10 minutes.
6. Remove and pour the already mixed and lightly stirred white gravy ingredients.