SILVER CATFISH IN FERMENTED DURIAN
This cuisine is very popular, especially in Temerloh district, Pahang. The main ingredient is ikan patin fish cooked with tempoyak, which is made from durian pulp that has its seeds separated, added a little salt, and kept for three to five days at room temperature for the fermentation process.
Tempoyak's recipe for Pahang 'Original' Catfish Ikan Patin, does not use onion, lemongrass, cantaloupe, and garlic.
Ingredients to cook:
• Kesum leaves
• Tempoyak paste
• Fish – Ikan Patin (Catfish)
Cooking method :
1. Mash chili and turmeric.
2. Then add the kesum leaves and tempoyak paste according to the desired
Concentration, (can put old cucumber if you like).
3. Add chili and turmeric that have been pounded.
4. Add water and let it boil. Add seasoning to taste with salt and sugar.
5. Finally, add catfish or Ikan Patin.