FRESH WATER SNAIL STEWED IN COCONUT MILK
Gulai Lemak Siput Sedut is a well-known traditional food among the Malay community, Pahang. This dish is based on inhaled snails abundant in the river cooked with other ingredients such as yam, lemongrass stems, turmeric leaves, asam gelugor, liquid coconut milk, coconut milk essence, salt, and sugar. This way of preparing this dish is the same as other curry dishes. The difference is in the main ingredient which is inhaled snails. Before cooking, the inhaled snail should cut off the tip to remove the dirt and make it easier to suck during feeding.
HOW TO CUT AN INHALED SNAIL
Keep the snails washed clean. Cut from the back (the snail is not too long or short)
– Inhaled Snail (1 kg)
– Santan (250g)
– Red Onion (3 cloves)
– White (2 cloves)
– Live Turmeric (2 inches)
– Paddy Chilli (15 seeds)
– Turmeric Leaves (2 Helleys)
– Serai (2 sticks)
HOW TO COOK SNAILS STEWED COCONUT MILK WITH CHILLI
1. Squeeze all the ingredients together with water.
2. Pour coconut milk
3. add the ground ingredients
4. Enter lemongrass
5. Add acid slices
6. Add sugar and also salt Stir until boiling
7. Add turmeric leaves When the coconut milk has boiled
8. add the snail Snail tips are not slimy and do not ripen for too long. When it's boiling keep the fire shut.